Students at these partner universities may apply for VL2 membership (list updated September 14, 2015). Partnerships are created when Gallaudet University and representatives from the partner university have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or a Letter of Support.
If your university is not on this list, please contact Diana Andriola (SLT & MOU Liaison) to inquire about partner opportunities. In addition, there are several universities with which a MOU is currently pending: California State University Fresno, University College London, University of Alberta, University of Maryland, and University of Tulsa.
Membership in the VL2 Student Network comes with these following benefits:
- Weekly VL2 Student Network lecture series with the world's top researchers
- Cross-lab research training
- Travel to yearly student retreats
- Regular updates about conferences, lectures, and job postings through the VL2 Student Network Facebook page
- Mentoring and networking opportunities with students, junior, and senior scientists, and with experts in education and research translation
- Grant-writing, grant reviewing, and leadership experience
- Funds for travel and research (only students under a past or present VL2 PI - see SRC page)
Membership is free. In order to become a member, you must complete an application during the Open Enrollment Period (September 14-October 9, 2015). The Student Leadership Team will review your application and notify you of their decision no later than October 16, 2015. If your university's MOU is still pending during the open enrollment period, in order to apply please contact the SLT once the MOU has been approved. To maintain membership, you must submit a Progress Report to SLT by September 30 of every year, effective 2015. Membership is valid until your graduation date. Sign language fluency is not required but strongly encouraged!